- Tibet Tour
- Group Tour
- China Tibet Tour
- Tibet Nepal Tour
- Tibet Train Tour
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Already A Group
- About Us
Lhasa to Kathmandu Tour
Lhasa, the capital city of Tibet Autonomous Region, as well as the “city of sunshine”, is rich in both natural and cultural tourist sources. Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, is also well-known for its Buddhist culture and delicious food. Since the Gyirong Border reopened to the public in August 2017, it’s really a good experience to have a Lhasa to Kathmandu overland tour. Because you will enjoy the beautiful landscape along with the famous Friendship Highway. From Lhasa to Kathmandu, the total route is around 1000 kilometers and can be done in seven days only. Firstly, you will have two or three days sightseeing tour in Lhasa to visit those world heritages, like the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and so on. Then you will head to Mt. Everest, the highest mountain in the world, via Gyantse and Shigatse. On the way to Everest, you could visit Yamdroktso, one of the top three holy lakes in Tibet, etc. After an Everest Base Camp tour, you will be sent off to the Gyirong Border and start to travel to Kathmandu.
Note: The best season to have a Lhasa to Kathmandu overland tour, as well as the best time to visit Mt. Everest is from late April to June and September to October. July and August is the monsoon.
Most Popular Lhasa to Kathmandu Tour Packages
Travel Tibet With Nepal
People in Tibet and Nepal has a strong belief in Buddhism, you can learn more about Buddhist culture. As Nepal and Tibet located on Himalaya mountain ranges, you can also appreciate the stunning natural landscape. Tibet Travel Dream offers popular Tibet Nepal tour packages for your choice.
- Lhasa to Kathmandu - From Lhasa, you can fly directly to Kathmandu. But the most popular route is to drive to Kathmandu from Lhasa. On the way, you can appreciate the magnificent panorama of the Himalayas and get close to Mt.Everest from EBC.
- Kathmandu to Lhasa - Kathmandu also has the only direct international flights to Lhasa. Also, you can take a wonderful overland tour to Lhasa from Kathmandu via Gyirong Border.
What’s the travel document do I needed?
When planning a trip, the cost of it is one of the first things to consider for most of the travelers. Compared with other tourist places, traveling to Tibet is not a cheap thing relatively. Thus, what is the rough cost of a wonderful Tibet tour? What else should I pay in addition to the tour cost that I paid to the Tibet travel agency? Check the following posts to know about money things in Tibet.
- As you are a foreign traveler, apart from your Passport and Chinese visa, you also need Tibet permits to enter Tibet. We can get your Tibet permits after you book the Tibet tour with us.
- Everyday, there is a direct flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu. It takes about 1hrs30mins to get to Kathmandu. So it’s very easy to travel to Nepal after the Tibet Tour. But your are recommended to take an overland tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu. In this way, you can enjoy the most beautiful plateau scenery along friendship highway.
Most Asked Questions about Lhasa to Kathmandu Tour
What’s the best way to do this Tibet Nepal tour?
For newcomers to Tibet, they are always wondering what is the best way to get to Tibet from their country. By air or by train? Or, which is the cheapest way to Tibet? Or, which way is more worthy? We collect all the common questions about transportations to Tibet and answer them with our years of experience.
How to Get to Tibet?
Here are all the useful Tibet travel tips for international tourists. When is the best time to travel to Tibet? How to plan an Everest Base Camp tour? Is it safe for a solo traveler to visit Tibet? What should I pack for my Tibet tour? How is the weather in Tibet? You can find all the answers after reading these articles written with painstaking care.
Is there any a group tour from Lhasa to Kathmandu?
This 13-day culture journey will lead you to explore three separate countries - Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan. You will immerse yourself in the rich Buddhist culture.
This 11-day Lhasa Kathmandu Bhutan Mount Everest Flight tour takes you to discover the rich history and profound Buddhist culture of Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan.
This 12-days cultural journey will make you get inspiration from the deep Buddhist culture of Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibet. Follow up the devout pilgrims and the myth of religion with a peaceful mind.
Send us a tour inquiry, get a response within 0.5 ~ 24 hours. Your personal info will be kept confidential.
Tibet Travel Dream offers Tibet Nepal Bhutan tour packages for those who are after the mysterious Buddhist culture and the grand Himalayas. These three places are like a tourist golden triangle. You could discover Buddhism deeply by having a weeks-long journey while enjoying the gorgeous landscape of Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan.
Tibet Nepal Bhutan Tour
- Yes, we have a 7 Days Lhasa Everest Gyirong Kathmandu Overland Group Tour. This tour starts from Lhasa, after two days sightseeing in Lhasa, you will go to Kathmandu from Lhasa by overland. On the way, you can reach EBC to enjoy the stunning sunset of Everest peak. For this group tour, You can check our departure date, here>>>