- Tibet Tour
- Group Tour
- China Tibet Tour
- Tibet Nepal Tour
- Tibet Train Tour
- Tibet Travel Guide
- Already A Group
- About Us
Kathmandu to Lhasa Tour
Nepal is next to Tibet. With a similar Buddhist cultural, many international tourists will travel to Tibet after finishing a Nepal tour. So far, there are two ways to get to Lhasa from Kathmandu. First one, you could fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu. Second, you could enter Tibet from Gyiong border by car. If you choose the second way, you will enjoy the astonishing landscape along with the famous Friendship Highway, of which the total length is 943 kilometers, and 829 kilometers is in Tibet. The part in Tibet is in good condition while the section in Nepal is relatively rough. The tour route from Kathmandu to Lhasa by car is Kathmandu – Kodari - Friendship Bridge – Xegar – Saga – Shigatse - Gyantse – Lhasa. When you arrive in Lhasa, you could enjoy two or three days of sightseeing tour to visit those world-known tourist attractions, like the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and so on. After finishing the Kathmandu to Lhasa tour, you could fly to Kathmandu from Lhasa. Or, reach another gateway city in mainland China by air or by Qinghai-Tibet train.
Note: If you choose to travel to Tibet from Kathmandu, you don’t need to obtain the regular China Visa in your country, but must apply for the China Group Visa in Kathmandu. It’s a compulsory rule. We have long-term Nepali partner to help you with it.
Most Popular Kathmandu to Lhasa Tour Packages
Travel Tibet With Nepal
People in Tibet and Nepal has a strong belief in Buddhism, you can learn more about Buddhist culture. As Nepal and Tibet located on Himalaya mountain ranges, you can also appreciate the stunning natural landscape. Tibet Travel Dream offers popular Tibet Nepal tour packages for your choice.
- Lhasa to Kathmandu - From Lhasa, you can fly directly to Kathmandu. But the most popular route is to drive to Kathmandu from Lhasa. On the way, you can appreciate the magnificent panorama of the Himalayas and get close to Mt.Everest from EBC.
- Kathmandu to Lhasa - Kathmandu also has the only direct international flights to Lhasa. Also, you can take a wonderful overland tour to Lhasa from Kathmandu via Gyirong Border.
Tibet Nepal Bhutan Tour
What documents I needed if I enter Tibet from Nepal?
Here are all the useful Tibet travel tips for international tourists. When is the best time to travel to Tibet? How to plan an Everest Base Camp tour? Is it safe for a solo traveler to visit Tibet? What should I pack for my Tibet tour? How is the weather in Tibet? You can find all the answers after reading these articles written with painstaking care.
When planning a trip, the cost of it is one of the first things to consider for most of the travelers. Compared with other tourist places, traveling to Tibet is not a cheap thing relatively. Thus, what is the rough cost of a wonderful Tibet tour? What else should I pay in addition to the tour cost that I paid to the Tibet travel agency? Check the following posts to know about money things in Tibet.
How to get to Tibet from Nepal?
- The documents you needed includes your passport, China Group Visa, Tibet Permits. From Nepal to Tibet, you need to apply for China Group Visa at China embassy in Nepal.That’s means you don’t have to apply for Chinese visa in your home country in advance. After your Tibet tour booked with us, we will send an official invitation letter to our partner in Kathmandu. When you arrive in Kathmandu, you can meet our Nepal partner who can help you get China Group visa in Kathmandu. Also, we will apply for your Tibet Permits in Lhasa before the tour starts.
Most Asked Questions About Kathmandu to Lhasa Tour
For newcomers to Tibet, they are always wondering what is the best way to get to Tibet from their country. By air or by train? Or, which is the cheapest way to Tibet? Or, which way is more worthy? We collect all the common questions about transportations to Tibet and answer them with our years of experience.
How to Get to Tibet?
This 13-day culture journey will lead you to explore three separate countries - Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan. You will immerse yourself in the rich Buddhist culture.
This 11-day Lhasa Kathmandu Bhutan Mount Everest Flight tour takes you to discover the rich history and profound Buddhist culture of Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan.
This 12-days cultural journey will make you get inspiration from the deep Buddhist culture of Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibet. Follow up the devout pilgrims and the myth of religion with a peaceful mind.
Send us a tour inquiry, get a response within 0.5 ~ 24 hours. Your personal info will be kept confidential.
- Usually, there are two ways to enter Tibet from Nepal, by overland or by plane. Taking an overland to Lhasa from Kathmandu via Gyirong border is the most interesting and popular way to get to Tibet. You can enjoy the magnificent panorama of Himalayas and natural plateau scenery on the way. Also, there is a direct flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa everyday. It’s takes about 1hrs 30mins to get to Tibet from Lhasa by plane.
What’s the best time to visit Tibet and Nepal?
Tibet Travel Dream offers Tibet Nepal Bhutan tour packages for those who are after the mysterious Buddhist culture and the grand Himalayas. These three places are like a tourist golden triangle. You could discover Buddhism deeply by having a weeks-long journey while enjoying the gorgeous landscape of Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan.
- Nepal can be traveled all year round. As Nepal is a country famous for many festivals, you can participate in various festivals whenever you visit Nepal. The best to visit Tibet is from April to June, from September to November. From July to August, Tibet will enter rainy seasons.